Bilbao Yesterday & Today
I Want More Information
Bilbao Yesterday & Today
Exclusive Guided Tour
The new Bilbao was reborn from the industrial ashes of what the city used to be. Understanding the milestones of its transformation, will be part of this tour, accompanied with historical facts, our most recent history and stories of our beloved “Botxo”, including pintxos time will be included to enjoy the amazing and traditional food, find out why and how the locals do it to become a true local “bilbaino”.
This walk will be centered on the importance of the Nervión River in the development of the city. From the “medieval Villa” (founded in the year 1300); followed by the “commercial Villa” (after the establishment of its Consulate in 1511); to the end of the XIX century. It was the proudly the region’s “industrial city”, and has, ever since then, been the new “postindustrial Bilbao” reborn from the ashes of its industrial ruins.
For pintxos time we’ll take you to our selection of bars, away from tourist traps, to discover the meaning of this tradition while enjoying the fantastic gastronomy of the city.
Visit the famous Guggenheim museum in Spain, see the best basque art and the great architecture of Bilbao. Let your guide direct you through the old town of Bilbao, introduce you to basque culture and take you across the bridge to the main plaza and its restaurants, all in one day.
You can’t skip a visit to Bilbao, while in the Basque Country!
You are, Nervión, the history of the Villa,
you her past and her future,
you are memory always turning
into hope and on your firm
riverbed a fleeing flow.
( Miguel de Unamuno)
– Pick up at Baserri Ulle Gorri or an alternative meeting point
– 3 hourguided bespoke tour in English/ French/ Spanish.
– 4 pintxos and 4 drinks per person : Zurito (small beer), Rioja Crianza Red Wine, Txakoli (Basque white wine), Mosto (non alcoholic grape drink) or cold drinks.
– Transport from /to Baserri Ulle Gorri : Private vehicle, minivan, minibus depending on the number of passengers
– Food or drinks not mentioned above
+34 647 712 806
Apregindana Lekua 2
Basque Country - SPAIN
- SICTED Commitment Tourism Quality
- Rustic home: Ref XVI00132
- Travel Agency Registration: CEI 2437
Se ha recibido ayuda financiera de la UE para la realización de las obras de construcción y adecuación del caserío para el cumplimiento de la normativa del Gobierno Vasco para la obtención de la categoría de Casa Rural .